Y’all don’t know shit
And if I have one more person who wasn’t there on Saturday
Come and explain to me, a queer person of color
That queer POC were erased or silenced at SW NYC
I will quit the internet.
I’ve had it.
Kimberlynn and I were not even elected to speak at SW
Because we’re both queer people of color
But because we’re both really loud and angry. Those were our selling points.
There just so happens that
SW NYC organizers are comprised of
Many queer folks and POC
Who would not appreciate it
If you all kept erasing US
By speaking about our event, or its mishaps, like that sign
Without having actually been there
To hear us all speak.
Y’all don’t know shit
And if you want to know more,
Either follow me on tumblr, check it out on youtube,
Or come to our meeting on October 13th
And find out for yourself.
From one non-black queer WOC to another. I am here to tell you that being a feminist or womanist/ radical WOC/ radical QPOC is more than your own experience. It means standing in solidarity and if that is your attempt, you are doing it wrong.
Do not ever tell women to STFU in order to get your point out about feeling silenced. When you use your identity as a QWOC as if it is the end all, it is beyond hurtful. You should know that we get STFU from the world entirely and we sure as hell don’t need to be doing that to one another.
You have to understand and accept that WOC/QPOC/POC are not a monolith.
You do not oppress & attempt to silence in order for your voice to come out clearer.
Because some of these women were not there at the march doesn’t automatically mean their voices should be disregarded.
And the sign that was being critiqued was so beyond racist that it had EVERY right to be critiqued, especially by black women.
After having seen some of the comments such as, “look at this in the perspective of a woman” as if to say black women are not women, for what other WOC would be called that slur? How can you completely disregard those points?
I have and will continue to stand in solidarity with the black women, WOC, QPOC, QWOC and allies who did call this out.
Do not take concise critique as a stone written hatred of ALL of Slutwalk and what its goal is.
Do not use tactics of an oppressor and attempt to silence the very people who are saying they feel silenced.
And yes, we have intersections but we are not all the same. I would suggest you take a step back and allow black WOC/MOC to discuss & critique issues that affect them. Because any time such a slur is used, it is not up to you or me or other non-black WOC/POC to speak for the people who it affects the most.
- iknowyouwantmetowantyou likes this
- colorblinding reblogged this from brujacore
- colorblinding likes this
- pleaseignoremeimjustanarchive likes this
- jackeesad likes this
- marginsintersections likes this
- notjusttheminutiae likes this
- notesfromthegarden likes this
- hamadryad-s reblogged this from so-treu
- so-treu reblogged this from nuestrahermana
- so-treu likes this
- annlarimer likes this
- revengecoblerwhiskypie likes this
- t-akver likes this
- unholyglee likes this
- preciousdivineenergy likes this
- ordream likes this
- navigatethestream likes this
- numol reblogged this from blackamazon
- theoceanpadraic likes this
- skeletonfun likes this
- makeitthroughthis likes this
- sakanarochan likes this
- afrofuturismscholar likes this
- blue-jayne likes this
- blue-jayne reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- higgylikes likes this
- angrybrownbaby likes this
- thecurvature likes this
- praisethelorde likes this
- biteofpythias likes this
- isabelthespy likes this
- nefermaathotep likes this
- causeicraft likes this
- bad-dominicana reblogged this from blackamazon
- karnythia reblogged this from blackamazon
- babybutta reblogged this from blackamazon
- ahandsomestark likes this
- andreagoldston likes this
- chicapea reblogged this from ineffableshe and added:
- chicapea likes this
- eshusplayground likes this
- freshmouthgoddess likes this
- senhoritaugly likes this
- losguantesverdes likes this
- ineffableshe reblogged this from brujacore and added:
- nuestrahermana likes this
- silentpunk reblogged this from brujacore and added:
- guerrillamamamedicine likes this